4.5 months of dating.....
Someone who I really liked
Someone who I really enjoyed spending time with
But someone that I knew
Not only deep down
But because he voiced it
Didn’t have the same intentions
Or feelings as I did
19 weeks after meeting
He ended it
I didn’t have the strength
Or honestly
Even the desire
To walk away from something
From someone
Who wasn't BAD to me
With a history of abusiveness
And a history of depression
And a lot in between
To me,
It was better
To just be happy with someone
Even if it wasn't long term happiness
I spent hours and sometimes even days
wondering what he was doing
How his day was
Why he wasn't answering my texts
Why he didn't care to check in with me
It was always that he was "busy with work"
We'd try to plan times to hang out 1-2 times a week
but besides that, there was nothing there
Do I now think there was someone else
No?
But does it hurt that someone could
pay such little attention to you?
Yes...
Do I regret not walking away?
No
Am I happy he spoke up
And did walk away?
Yes, YES I am
It's nice to walk away from something, from someone
and NOT hate them
Because they manned up
and ended it as that, a MAN
Of course I was upset
but KNEW I'll move on
and be OKAY
When a friend asked me how I was
I responded with
"OK, just trying to move on"
His response was simply
"You will..you know the routine"
When my response was,
"Yes, unfortunately all too well"
He realized that might not have been the best thing to say
but it was OK
cuz it reminded me
that I've been thru a lot
and I am a stronger person today
because of it
And I WILL find my prince charming some day ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment