Thursday, October 11, 2012
A typical October weekend
Saturday night
a meetup.com
event
on the north shore
at Connors Farm
Corn maze, hayride, bonfire and haunted corn maze
Wait.. haunted?
I planned this event for my group
But I guess I missed that part!!!!
FUCK
Once we got there
we went on a boring, 15 minute hayride
Then to the "flashlight maze"
It was still light out
and there were broken down cornstalks
so we kind of cheated
and made it out in 20 minutes
..it would have been better in the dark
But everyone wanted to get to the haunted corn maze line
By the time we got on line, anxiety started kicking in
The group of 15 had to split up into 3 groups of 5
I claimed a few of the MEN in our group!
I told them they had to protect me
They had no idea I was being serious!
We walk up to the gate
and they are handing out glow necklaces
OH...so the scary people can see us
GREAT! Awesome... fuckers!
There's a sign
"If you have asthma or a heart condition, do not enter"
Well... basically, both cuz with anxiety, my heart races
hmmmmmmm
HERE I GO!
..Times like these I wish I believed in God
or SOMETHING
So when I sat there going "please god" "oh my god"
and all that, someone would be listening or helping!!!
HALF HOUR
later
I exit...
RUNNING
out of the maze
after hanging onto my friends arm
and jumping on the guys a time or two
oh and a few high pitched screams
(they finally realized I was serious when I said I was scared)
after being followed by a guy with an ax
a girl who looked like the lady from The Ring
and so much more
Yea, I was DONE
Don't know if I'll ever do that again!!
.....back to the beginning of the corn maze
We have a group of 14
This guy comes over
"Are you with meetup?"
"Well.. we are but we are a different group"
I tell him
He asks if he can join us
Cuz he was with another group
and older people
"Of course", I tell him
A part of me was thinking
'you're cute!'
but I didn't think much more than that
of it
.......until the next day
Sunday around noon
Our meetup group had plans
to go to Harvard Square
for Oktoberfest
It is just me, one guy and one girl
Then I noticed mystery corn-maze man
(who joined the group that morning)
RSVP'd yes and commented asking
for someone's number
so he could find us
Again... didn't really think anything of it
But I was telling the other two
about him
and how funny he was
and found myself
telling a lot about him
even though I met him only
about 15 hours prior
So he shows up
with his roommate
A group of girlfriends
and a bunch of others
are now there
and we have a great group
with lots of drinks flowing
Well.. somewhere in between
the 6 or 7 drinks
that I had on the streets
of Harvard Square
Squished in some beer tent thing
His roommate pulls me aside and says
"You know he's into you, right?"
..Now this is after he was a part of a conversation
where I was talking about pros and cons of on-line dating
reasons why my 5 year relationship didnt work
and other stuff I wouldn't speak of around a guy I thought I'd date
We end up going to my neighborhood
For some more drinks
And we properly exchanged information after lots of flirting
Well... let's see where this takes us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment