Tuesday, May 28, 2013

OneRun. RuntoRemember.

I saw this article this morning
Runners World. Boston Races - Memorial Day Weekend
and more tears filled my eyes

This time:
Tears of joy

But while both of these events happened
which I was in attendance of
I also had moments with tears

At the #OneRun
on Saturday
I choked up
while they were speaking
about runners
and boston
and how we will move on
and then again
as we crossed the finish

At the Run To Remember
on Sunday morning
I choked up as they played
Amazing Grace at the start line
and again
while I ran by MIT
where dozens
of cop cars
from all over Massachusetts
were lined up
with lights on
standing there
high fiveing
all the runners

Not only was it an emotional weekend in Boston, but in general.
Memorial Day weekend is a great weekend.
It is a time to remember all of those
who sacrificed so much for so many.
It is a time where family and friends gather
and BBQ and celebrate summer coming.

I ended both of these running events
with even more love for my city & the running community
while with friends, making great memories









Oh yea.... I am a five time half marathoner now!
I PR'd at my race Sunday (2:12)!
This time last year, I could barely run 9 miles.


No comments:

Post a Comment