Friday afternoon....
See ya Boston!
Just for a few days :)
I made the trip to home
for my sisters graduation party
She is a nationally certified surgical tech!
I am very proud and it was a fun night.
The next morning, made the trek up to Lake George
Of course, I managed to get lost
(too much singing in the car!)
and turned a 2:15 trip into 3 hours
But then I made it and out on the lake we went
Off to bed early on the first night of vacation
due to a 10 mile race in the morning
Yep, a race while on vacation!
Lake George Village to Bolton Landing
The cabin where we stay is at mile 7.5
This wasn't just any ten mile course
it is extremely hilly
Even for someone who trains on heartbreak hill
These hills were scary
My goal overall was 1:50, for an 11 minute pace.
I finished at 1:45:20, for a 10:30 pace
so I was thrilled
The first 3 miles were rough!
142 foot gain for the first 2 miles
then immediately downhill
and rolling hills
for the rest of the way
My sister
who is training for her first half
was doing a 6 mile run
and so her and her friend met me at mile 6
to finish it off
Right when she met up with me
my hip was starting to bother me
it hasn't hurt me in months
so I was getting really annoyed
I slowed down a bit
and then it felt better
but I was unable to get my pace back to the 10/10:30
that I was maintaining and hoping to stay at
but was still under an 11 minute pace
and with a 586 elevation gain run
that isn't too bad
1 - 10:09
2 - 10:11
3 - 10:15
4 - 9:59
5 - 10:41
6 - 10:20
7 - 10:33
8 - 10:55
9 - 10:54
10 - 11:01
The last mile was in the rain
which felt amazing
after a humid start to the race
Left the race in style
By boat!
And got back to the cabins
with a beer in hand
Yep, before 10am
Hey..I just ran 10 miles
and it's vacation! :)
The rest of the day and 2 other days
were spent out on the water
on the boat
having a ton of fun
with family and friends
No comments:
Post a Comment