As I sit here
a week after the Boston Marathon Bombing
and 3 days after the capture of the living suspect
Who has now been charged for it all
A day where
some are mourning the death
of their friend, family member, co-worker etc.
some are recovering from minor
to life-threatening
injuries
and
some are still trying to process
how & why
this could happen
to our amazing city
the amazing people
and the amazing community
of runners
I am listening to my Pandora in the background
while browsing Pinterest
and the song
Boston by Augustana
comes on the station
I just sit there and listen
I get the chills
I feel weird
I then remember
that this song
was my theme song
when I moved here
Almost four years ago now
I'd post it as my Facebook status
I'd blast it on every trip up to Boston
when I was preparing for the move
It then became my theme song
again
when I was dealing with the break-up
of the guy that I moved here for
It just seemed so fitting
She said I think I'll go to Boston. I think I'll start a new life. I think I'll start it over. Where no one knows my name
So many things have gone wrong
in the 3 years, 7 months and 22 days
that I've lived here
But SO much has also gone right
A new life
Starting over
I've done it,
not just once, either
But it has led me to the person
that I am today
Fighting depression
Dealing with anxiety
Becoming a runner
Becoming a friend to many
and someone
who
absolutely LOVES life
In between the move to Boston
and today, April 22nd
I've had heartbreaks
bad friendships
and all the
bad
emotional feelings
that come with those unfortunate situations
in life
Those feelings that make you want to end your life
But now
Looking back
on this week
this past year
and the past 4 years
I realize that I am
more in love with life
than I ever have been
and am so glad
I have amazing people
and now I know,
amazing strength
that got me here
where I am today
Loving Life
No comments:
Post a Comment